Wednesday, February 2, 2011

February? What?


I have NO idea where January went but Hello February! I know most of the country is under piles of snow, but we are enjoying sunny, 65* weather today. I absolutely LOVE it. Adelyn and I just got back from walking dogs and while she is napping I thought I would show you what all is going on!

With it being February and all, I wanted to do something cute (but cheap) to make our house Valentines Day-ish. I found a few fun little craft ideas (from some very creative blogs online) to make the house feel 'in-love'. I'm not even sure what that means, but I feel it!


This banner is so cute and simple. I couldn't pass up replicating it. I printed some piano sheet music off-line and stained it with tea. After letting it dry and taking a scissor to the edges, I painted the letter on. Finally, I punches holes in the top and strung the yarn through. Simple as THAT!





You can hang this one from light fixtures, fans, the ceiling, whatever. Also very simple! Take red card stock and cut it into strips. Create a document with the word 'love' in a few different fonts alternating black and red. Print it off and also cut it into strips. Fold those strips in half (to make the crease at the bottom of the heart) and then bring the outer ends together and staple! You can layer the red and white or you can alternate them. Make it your own! I'm going to wait and do this one when Adelyn wakes up. I'm sure she will be a HUGE help!


Anywho, I thought these were adorable and wanted to share them with you. Put a little love in your home. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment