Sunday, February 13, 2011

Please Pray

I know I haven't blogged since Tuesday. It's just been so darn busy around here! I don't have much going on today. No fun art and craft ideas.  No fun baby pictures. No news about painting a tree on the wall of the loft (don't ask...). Just a couple of humble prayer requests.

First I would ask for prayer for the Janes family. Their 14 year-old son Garren is in the hospital fighting for his life (you can read more here). We knew the Janes family from when we were serving at Southbrook Church in Weddington. They are such a sweet family and are going through a very tough time right now. I told Justin the other day, 'If we were in this same situation, I have NO idea what I would do...I would just crumble.' The Janes are standing firm to what Christ has promised us. They are a prime example of Christ. When I pray for the family, for their situation, for the mom who feels helpless, I cant help but see Geoffrey standing with his arms up to part the red sea as Moses did. I see friend and family and people he doesn't even know coming around him and holding his arms up because he is starting to get weary. And I believe that is exactly what we need to do. Its what Christ has CALLED us to do. I lift them up daily and will continue to do so, please join me.

The other family I would ask you to pray for is the Mosley family. My friend Audrey and her husband have been trying to conceive their first child for over a year. She found out 6 wks ago that she was pregnant! It has been a hard 6 weeks filled with terrifying complications. They found out last night that they lost their sweet baby. I can't imagine what that must be like. I don't want to. When I found out what happened I just cried out for them. 'Why?'. This simple, one-word questions seems unanswerable. I know that God has plans for Audrey and her husband. I know he wants nothing more than the best for them. I also know that they will be re-united with their sweet baby boy (just a prediction!) on the other side of eternity. But it doesn't make it any easier. It wont make the days go by any faster. And it wont make the heart hurt any less. Please be in prayer for this family.

When you go about your life today and tomorrow, please pray for these families and the situations that they are going through. Both are firm believers in Christ and want His plans for them. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment