Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hang on tight!

I've wanted to do something with the inside of this 'builder' home for a while. Well, since we moved in. BUT, being 9mos preggers, and then having a child to take care of, things got put on hold. Adelyn is starting to be able to do her own thing while mommy cleans, writes, cleans some more, ect. SO, thus begins Project Make-This-House-Look-Cute. I'm so excited!

I ran a few ideas by Justin last night and his head was spinning. 'You wanna paint a tree on what wall?' 'You want to do what with the kitchen cabinets?'. Yeah, it was an interesting night. He reminded me a few too many times about our money situation (which I am VERY aware about...). So I quickly asked him who has been saving so much money on things lately and picking up extra 'little jobs' here and there. Yep. Thats me. Back to the Project, I'm doing this on little to NO money budget. Which is all the more fun!

So I'm writing this to say a few things. 1-We are going for the classic/country/cottage feel. It's very inviting and cozy and makes you feel at home. Which is good, because this is our home. Anywho. 2-You can do almost ANYTHING with no money (I know it sounds crazy but its true!). 3-If you have any ideas you want to throw my way, be my guest! I am open to trying anything! 4-If you are at a yard sale, flea market, auction, or in your attic and you see something that you think I might like, PLEASE call me or text me a picture. It just might be the thing I need :)

1 comment:

  1. I did our kitchen cabinets for $260, but half of that was new hinges and knobs(and it's not my house so I didn't have to pay for it). So for $120 I got a quart of primer, 2 quarts of paint, a mini roller and tray, tape, brushes, and drop cloths to lay the doors on, but you can use old sheets from a thrift store(just not plastic because the tacky paint might stick to it). There may have been some other stuff I can't remember.

    I also buy expensive paint from Sherwin Williams because I've found it covers in fewer coats, so you could save money there. You could think of something creative to do with your drawer pulls like spray painting them, or buying some at Habitat hand me up.

    ReplyDelete